Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 111? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS111 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Be sure to hop over to our Facebook page throughout the week to see if your card is featured!
Ever have one of those days where your card making is completely ruled by how the day went. Last night was one of those days for me and it was definitely time to seize the day back and make it better. I used Verve’s Words of Wisdom and Wings of Love for this card. I have had Words of Wisdom forever and LOVE it but have yet to get it on a card so yesterday was the day. I used Simple Stories 24/7 6×6 paper pad which I just discovered earlier this week and I LOVE that paper as well – not to mention it seemed a lot like this stamp and that paper were meant to be friends.
Up in the corner I used Washi tape for the first time!! Woohoo!!! Well that’s not entirely true – I use it all the time to hold dies down as they go through my Big Shot but it was the first time on a card. Those fun little flag are from Verve’s Flag It Die Set.
The winged heart is from Verve’s Wings of Love. I used one of the filler hearts along with the winged heart paper pieced together to make this. The wings are stamped on dark brown paper with white and heat embossed. The overlay heart was paper pieced on top. The two tiny hearts are also from Wings of Love and colored in with Distress Markers.
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Amber Hight
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Donna Wardle
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson (Joni is out for the next couple of weeks while she moves)
- Judy Rozema
- Kadie Ensley
- Lori Boyd
- Sheri Gilson
- Tobi Crawford
- Tracey Pickersgill