Man, it’s been a hectic kind of week around here! We found a leak in the drain pipe to our washing machine and had to have a plumber out to repair it. It was a touch leak to track down! It turns out that when the baseboards were last installed a nail pierced the drain pipe with a tiny hole and that’s all it took! Now we need to have quite a bit of drywall repair done as it was a heck of a leak to find. It’s also my last week before heading back to work. I even stopped by today to get a jump start on my bulletin boards for my classroom, 5 down… 2 to go. What’s happening in your neck of the woods?
Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 112? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS112 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Be sure to hop over to our Facebook page throughout the week to see if your card is featured!
For my card I took a little inspiration from Arielle‘s amazing style and shrunk down the sketch to a smaller size and squared it up and centered it in the middle of a larger card base. Then to keep it a me card I went mostly neutral with kraft and grey with a tiny pop of red. The paper I used is from Simple Stories 24/7 6×6 paper pad. The stamp set I used is Verve’s Take Note along with Verve’s Arrow Die and From the Heart Dies. The ink I used is Memento Espresso Truffle (LOVE this ink – it’s totally the new black!), Love Letter and Peanut Brittle. I finished it off with a bit of twine thread and foam tape between the layers. This amazing layout by Amber went together SO fast!
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Amber Hight
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Donna Wardle (Donna is taking a break this week)
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson (Joni is out for the next couple of weeks while she moves)
- Judy Rozema (Judy is taking a break this week)
- Kadie Ensley
- Lori Boyd
- Sheri Gilson
- Tobi Crawford
- Tracey Pickersgill