I hope everyone is having a fantastic week. It’s back to school time around here so my kiddos were off for their first day of school yesterday and I had my first day with students. It was a great day but is always so exhausting, it seems it takes me a couple of weeks to get the stamina back to talk that much! We have a fun tradition on the first day of school in the building that I teach in to celebrate the start of a new year. We have a mandatory ‘staff meeting’ right after school and our principal treats us to Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen. It started the year I started 14 years ago and I haven’t missed it yet!
Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 114? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS114 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Be sure to hop over to our Facebook page throughout the week to see if your card is featured!
I got some happy mail yesterday from MFT that I just had to break out to use for my sample today. The stamp set I used is LJD Birthday Greetings and I also used my current favorite paper, Simple Stories 24/7. I stayed very true to the sketch, only adding a little seam binding flag behind the button and a bit of stitching here and there. This was very straight forward to but together and was so quick! I LOVE that!!
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Amber Hight
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson (Joni is out for the next couple of weeks while she moves)
- Judy Rozema
- Kadie Ensley
- Lori Boyd
- Sheri Gilson
- Tobi Crawford
- Tracey Pickersgill