Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 147? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS147 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so we can see your project.
4. There is no time limit to enter this week so please join us if you can!
For my card I combined to of my favorites from Taylored Expressions – the Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate and the most adorable new stamp set – Sunshiney Day. I started with a white cardbase and then I sponged a gradient onto another piece of white cardstock using all of the warm colors of Distress Ink. I basically worked my way down from Barn Door to Squeezed Lemonade. I love love love how well these inks blend together and how little imperfections smooth out as the ink dries – this did NOT look this smooth when I was done sponging but then about 10 minutes later when I was done fiddling with the rest of the design I had an “OOOH! Look at that!!” moment, lol. After sponging the gradient and letting it dry I die cut it with the Ray of Sunshine cutting plate and I used the negative space pieces to create my ‘sun rays’. I sponged the inside of the circle with more warm colors of Distress Ink and layered it with the sun from Sunshiney Day. I added a strip of black cardstock and red-orange cardstock and stamped the sentiment and was done. SUPER quick and easy!
Design Team Samples:
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Jen Shults
- Joanne Basile
- Kadie Ensley
- Kim O’Connell
- Sheri Gilson
- Tangii Crain
- Tracey Pickersgill (Tracey will be taking the next couple of weeks off!)