Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 153? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS153 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so we can see your project.
4. There is no time limit to enter this week so please join us if you can!
For my card today I used one of my most favorite paper pads, Simple Stories Homespun. I love the classic homey rustic feel of this paper pad. I combined it with a bit of kraft and white cardstock and they are definitely made for each other. I sponged all the papers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, my go to shabby sponging color. I decided not to distress the edges but I did add a bit of stitching here and there. The sentiment is from Verve’s Button Best stamp set and the foliage around the flower is Verve’s amazing Sprightly Sprigs die set.
Stamps: Button Best (Verve)
Ink: Nautical Blue (Memento), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Paper: Homespun (Simple Stories), Smooth White (MFT), Kraft (MFT), green (scrap)
Accessories: Circle dies (Spellbinders), Sprightly Sprigs die set (Verve), Fly Your Flag 2 die (Taylored Expressions), foam tape, Janome Sew Mini, White heavy duty thread (Coats and Clark), sponge ink applicator (Ranger), foam tape (Taylored Expressions), Quick Dry Adhesive (3M), twine (May Arts), Flower (Recollections)
Design Team Samples:
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Jen Shults
- Joanne Basile (taking a break this week)
- Kadie Ensley
- Kim O’Connell
- Sheri Gilson (taking a break this week)
- Tangii Crain
- Tracey Pickersgill