Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 90? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch to the up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS90 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Check back here next week to see if you are one of this week’s favorites and grab a badge for your blog.
For my sample I used a soon to be released Verve set called So Fluttery. I started by building the background and the rosette in the middle. Over that I layered the sentiment stamped on a Sweet Scallop Die cut. I added a butterfly from the So Fluttery stamp set that I embossed with Aged Silver Embossing Powder from Stampendous. This stuff is so cool! It’s very chunky so it ran together a bit and lost some detail but what it makes up for it in color and gorgeous mottling. I die cut the butterfly using the Flutterby Die. To finish off I added a bit of Spring Fling Seam Binding that I scrunched by getting it wet and then scrunching it up then drying it very carefully with my heat gun. If you do that be careful not to melt the seam binding.
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Amber Hight
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Donna Wardle
- Joni Wilson
- Judy Rozema
- Kadie Ensley
- Lori Boyd (Lori is out this week)
- Sandra MacLean (Sandra will be posting Friday)
- Sheri Gilson
- Tobi Crawford
- Tracey Pickersgill
Stamps: So Fluttery (Verve)
Paper: Kraft, Bitter Chocolate (Bazzill), MME The Sweetest Thing Tangerine
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Sweet Scallop Die (Verve), Flutterby Die (Verve), Edger Punch (EK Success), Antique Silver Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Twine Thread, Spring Fling Seam Binding (Verve), Pearls (Recollections), Quick Dry Adhesive (3M), Foam Tape (Taylored Expressions)