Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 98? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS98 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Check back here next week to see if you are one of this week’s favorites and grab a badge for your blog.
My sample for DS98 uses a couple of different Verve stamp sets and Pebbles Seen and Notes paper pad (my paper soul mate – if such a thing exists, LOL!). I used Borderline for the chevron stripes at the bottom and Treasured Words for the sentiment. Both are stamped in Colorbox Frost White and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder from Stampendous. I did a bit of distressing and inking and a bit of dry embossing as well. The sentiment is die cut using Verve’s Vintage Oval Die. To finish it off you’ll never guess what I used… twine thread. I know, no way right? 😉 So seriously, sarcasm aside, I used twine thread for the bow and added a lovely Prima rose at the top and few scrap pearls at the bottom. I don’t know where those are from – they were just three little pearls left on a sheet so I snapped them up and gave them a home. The inking is done using Ranger’s Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Donna Wardle
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson (Joni will be running just a few minutes late)
- Judy Rozema
- Kadie Ensley
- Lori Boyd
- Sandra MacLean (Sandra will be posting on Friday:))
- Sheri Gilson
- Tobi Crawford
- Tracey Pickersgill (Tracey will be posting on Friday :))