Well, I’m not seriously behind but I’m behind. In what you ask? Let me illuminate the possibilities (Aladdin is the movie of choice at our house right now). I’m behind on the laundry, and behind on reading the blogs I have logged on Google reader (if you don’t have it you should get it), I’m behind in posting on this blog, I’m behind on my summer reading goal (stinking book that refuses to be finished) and more than anything I am behind in all the things I expected to get accomplished when my summer break started. There’s something about July 4th that brings the slow lazy pace of summer to a screeching halt and causes the whole thing to move as if someone is holding down the fast forward button on my life.
So in an attempt to regain control of the run away train here are the things I want to accomplish before summers over (in no particular order):
- Take Evey to an amusement park.
- Read 5 books.
- Draw something – a completed something, not just sketches.
- De-clutter our closets and the kitchen (ehem, this isn’t going to happen but a girl can dream, right)
- Get the school web site up to date before fall registration (Yeah, you read the right, the WHOLE thing. A wee Jen factoid, I somehow managed to wrangle the position of being in charge of the entire website for the school I teach at, what was I thinking?)
- Get professional pics of the kids taken (Nic or Steph, feel like coming to Missouri soon?).
- Get back into a normal sleep pattern that does not involve staying up until 1 am.
- Finish the paintings for Evey’s room.
What do you need to get done before the summer is over?