Today I’m sharing a card using the current Sugar Pea Designs Sketch Challenge sketch. I have been having so much fun with the Sugar Pea team as a July Guest Designer!! Today I’m using my favorite stamp from the July release (though really it’s a VERY tough call), Great Catch.
I stamped this adorable little guy on PTI Stamper’s Select White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored him up with Copic Markers. Last time I colored him I gave him a bit of fur texture, this time I decided not to and I’m not sure which look I like better. I think I like them both! I added the ground with Copics as well as the sky.
For the background of the card I started with a gray cardbase using Steel Gray from MFT and layered it with scrap cardstock pieces I had laying on my work desk. The grass is die cut using the Grass Border die from Taylored Expressions. The sun and clouds are die cut using Little Bits Sun and Clouds from Taylored Expressions. I stamped the sentiment under the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Here’s a look at the sketch if you’d like to play along!
- Play along with any stamp you like – but if you use SugarPea Designs, we’ll top your voucher up to $15!
- Feel free to rotate/flip the sketch, or exchange any shapes for what works with your design, just make sure the sketch is recognizable!
- Combine our sketch with any other challenge(s) (except another sketch!)
- Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPDSS07 so that we may check out your beautiful work
- Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You’ll find our current challenges on the sidebar.