Howdy everyone! I just wanted to pop in with a little CAS birthday card I made over the weekend using Deconstructed Sketch 39 and Love Monsters from Taylored Expressions. Here’s the run down on how to make this card:
- Start with a 10.5″ x 5.25″ white cardbase. Fold in half to make a 5×25″ square card.
- Cut a 4.5″ white square, a 1.5″ x 4.5″ strip of patterned paper, and a 3.75″ square of patterned paper. Glue the 1.5″ x 4.5″ strip of paper to the 4.5″ white square cardstock about a 1/2″ away from the edge. If using liquid glue allow to dry.
- Position a Spellbinders Circle die in the middle of the white square, taping the die down face down. Run through die cut machine twice to cut and emboss.
- Glue the 3.75″ square of patterned paper to the center of the white card base. Using foam tape adhere the 4.5″ square with a circle cut out over the patterned paper on the card base.
- Stamp a monster from Love Monsters twice, once on white cardstock and once on patterned paper. Color the arms and legs of the monster on the white cardstock. Cut out the monster on white cardstock. Cut out the body of the monster on the patterned paper.
- Glue the monster stamped on white cardstock to the center of the circle opening on the card base. Use foam tape to attach and pop up the body of the monster cut from patterned paper. Glue googly eyes to the monsters eyes.
- Stamp a flag and sentiment from Fly Your Flag 3 on white cardstock. Use the coordinating die and alignment tool to cut out the flag. Fold the flag and glue around a toothpick. Trim the end of the toothpick so it’s not too long. Glue to the right hand of the monster.
- Attach coordinating buttons as desired to the lower left side of the circle using Glossy Accents or glue dots. (I used Glossy Accents.)
Here are the Taylored dies used in this card:
And this week’s Deconstructed Sketch:
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂