Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 118? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS118 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Be sure to hop over to our Facebook page throughout the week to see if your card is featured!
My card for this week is another Christmas card to start adding to my stash. I’m not sure how I feel about this one. Something is off but I can’t put my finger on it – I suspect it’s that yellow green but I just couldn’t bring myself to use a more Christmasy green for some reason. 🙂
For my card I used Peace on Earth from Verve (which just happens to be on sale right now!) along with the Sweet Scallop Tag Die. I just LOVE that die. I used an eyelet square Spellbinders die for the background and embossed a few of the layers with Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (Argyle and one whose name I can’t find 🙁 ) The ribbon is part of the Polka Dot Basics Ribbon Collection from Verve.
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton (Dawn is out this week)
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson (Joni is out for a bit while she moves)
- Judy Rozema (Judy is out this week)
- Kadie Ensley
- Kim O’Connell
- Lori Boyd
- Sheri Gilson
- Tracey Pickersgill