Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you’ve had a good week! It’s time for a new sketch and this week it’s designed by super fabulous design team member Donna Wardle! She did a great job… I ADORE this sketch! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch to the left to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet. Use keyword DS70 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Check back here next Thursday to see if you are one of this week’s favorites and grab a badge for your blog.
For my card I used Belated Birthday – Oh Rats! from Taylored Expressions. I stamped it on Choice Watercolor Paper using Veramark Ink and embossed it with Ranger Black Embossing powder. I’ve been trying out lots of embossing powder lately trying to find the best one to use on watercolor paper and this one hands down beats the rest. I even like it better than the Ranger Detail powder. It hits the lines perfectly without sinking into the texture of the paper, never to be extracted again. After embossing I water colored the image with Distress Markers to match MME’s Nostalgia designer paper. To add a bit of accent I added burlap twine and a Prima flower.
Now here’s a FANTASTIC sample from Guest Designer, Cresta Woodruff!
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Amber Hight
- Amy Sheffer
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff, Guest Designer
- Donna Wardle
- Jen Shults
- Jessica Diedrich
- Kadie Ensley (Kadie is out sick this week, please send her some love.)
- Lori Boyd
- Sheri Gilson
- Tracey Pickersgill
And one last thing! Today is the last day to enter the first round of Taylored Expressions LAST Card Standing! You don’t want to miss this opportunity to win a guest designer spot for the November/December release! You can get all the info in the Taylored Expressions Splitcoast Stampers forum!