September Birthday Bash and Release
- At Taylored Expressions we are celebrating our 3rd Birthday and you are invited to our Birthday Bash!
- Sneak peeks Monday through Wednesday – lots of fun eye candy and inspiration!
- All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, September 1st at 8 am PST. You’ll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Every order placed Thursday – Monday will include a FREE Party Favor. Details coming Thursday morning..
- To celebrate our 3rd Birthday, you have 3 WAYS TO WIN!
1. Help Spread the Word! Grab our Birthday Badge from Taylor’s blog and post it on your blog for the week. Then come back and leave a comment with a link to your blog to let us know you’re spreading the word. You will be entered into a drawing for a $25 TE gift certificate.
2. Join us on Facebook for an early reveal of all the new stamp sets Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST. You will have until 8 pm PST that night to comment to enter to win each new set.
3. Join us in our SCS Forum for a contest that will begin Thursday morning. In the meantime you can see Baker’s Dozen sneak peeks there and chat with us!
I’m so happy to be able to share the new Build a Treat and Build a Treat Border stamps AND matching Build a Treat Dies with you! This awesome set was concepted by Sankari Wegman. Both sets have coordinating dies for even more creative fun! Both stamps sets are full sized sets on a 5.75″ x 8.5″ full color sturdy storage panel – Build a Treat includes 30 images and sentiments to build the treats of your dreams. Build a Treat Borders includes 5 borders – each approximately 6″ long with options for both coloring and solid stamping. The Build a Treat Die set consists of 10 dies and is perfect with the images from the set and can also be used on it’s own with patterned paper and solid cardstock. This is one seriously awesome and versatile line up of stamps and dies!
For my first card today I stamped one of the cupcakes from Build a Treat using Memento Tuxedo Black onto My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party and white cardstock. After coloring both with Copics I cut them out using the Build a Treat Die set. I made a 4.25″x4.25″ cardbase out of kraft cardstock and layered it with white cardstock and some light blue grey cardstock. I cut out the circles using Large Scalloped Circle and Large Classic Circle Nestabilities dies and sponged the inside of the white circle with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I made a smaller set of circles and stamped the sentiment from Build a Treat in Worn Lipstick also. And to top it all off I added a little cherry from the Tiny Toppers Die set cut from Life of the Party and I colored the stem with a Copic Marker.
For my second card I started with a 5.25″ x 5.25″ kraft card base and My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found 2 Rosy 6×6 paper. For my image I used Sweet Party by Jessie Oleson stamped in Tuxedo Black. This image is so adorable and the wonderful deeply etched stamp imprints PERFECTLY!! I colored it all up with Copics to match the designer paper and added a few chocolate flecs to the ice cream cone. After it was all colored I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink (as well as the designer papers) and distressed everything with a Tonic Distress Tool. I added a bit of doodling because I can’t sew with a Sepia Pitt Pen and added a fun little bow with some gorgeous green crinkled seam binding and these guys were ready to PARTY!
The inside got a bit of special treatment too as I stamped the sentiment from Sweet Party and added a bit more designer paper and doodling along with a rhinestone from Prima.
Here are the Taylored Dies I’ve used on my cards:
Please head on over and check out what the rest of the Baker’s Dozen have cooked up for you today!
Thanks SO much for stopping by!