September Birthday Bash and Release
- At Taylored Expressions we are celebrating our 3rd Birthday and you are invited to our Birthday Bash!
- Sneak peeks Monday through Wednesday – lots of fun eye candy and inspiration!
- All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, September 1st at 8 am PST. You’ll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Every order placed Thursday – Monday will include a FREE Party Favor. Details coming Thursday morning..
- To celebrate our 3rd Birthday, you have 3 WAYS TO WIN!
1. Help Spread the Word! Grab our Birthday Badge from Taylor’s blog and post it on your blog for the week. Then come back and leave a comment with a link to your blog to let us know you’re spreading the word. You will be entered into a drawing for a $25 TE gift certificate.
2. Join us on Facebook for an early reveal of all the new stamp sets Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST. You will have until 8 pm PST that night to comment to enter to win each new set.
3. Join us in our SCS Forum for a contest that will begin Thursday morning. In the meantime you can see Baker’s Dozen sneak peeks there and chat with us!
Today I am working with Fangtastic, a gorgeous stamps set designed by Doug Applegate as part of the Apple Doodle Ink line. Fangtastic comes with 21 images and sentiments that include this gorgeous which below, a chubby little Dracula and a FABULOUS haunted house and is all SO STINKING CUTE!!! I am also working with a brand new Spooky Fence Die 6″ that matches Fangtastic PERFECTLY!!!
For my card today I stamped the cute little witch and cauldron from Fangtastic using Memento Tuxedo Black on white cardstock. After coloring them with Copics I cut her out using a square Spellbinders die leaving her had outside of the die. I stamped the spider web and spider while the paper was still in the die so it would be handing out in the corner. I made a 4.25?x4.25? cardbase out of black cardstock and layered it with orange cardstock and some white cardstock. I used coordinating pieces of Echo Parks Apothecary Emporium 6×6 paper pad and some gorgeous ribbon from Taylor. One of the super cute sentiments from the set is stamped in the corner and cut out using a deckled rectangle Nestabilities die and I added the little bat from the Tiny Topper Die set. To finish it up I outlined the edges of the card, the main image panel and the sentiment panel with a Pitt Pen.
On the inside of my card I started with more orange cardstock and layered it with a bit of white. I sponged the white with Black Soot Distress Ink and layered some more Apothecary Emporium paper on top of that. I die cut two more Tiny Topper bats and the Spooky Fence and it was done! I have to say these stamps and dies are so cute and a dream to work with. The stamps are on super high quality cling cushion and the stamp perfectly. The dies are easy to use and cut cleanly and gorgeous.
All of my papers and ribbons are from the Spooky Project Pantry Kit. Taylor is doing something a little different this month with the Project Pantry. As you know, the idea behind the Project Pantry is that when you want to bake up a yummy dessert you head to your pantry for the ingredients. When you want to create a sweet papercrafting project, you can head to our Project Pantry for all the coordinating elements. We’ve found that some of the best cake and cookie recipes are the ones based around a basic batter or dough recipe with lots of options to spice it up according to your tastes. This month we are offering our Basic Recipe Kit along with optional Spice It Up Ingredients that you can pick and choose from to build the kit just the way you want it.
The Spooky Project Pantry Basic Recipe Kit is $11.95 and includes:
Echo Park Apothecary Emporium 6×6 pad
10 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock in coordinating colors
6 yards of ribbon (2 yards each of 3 different styles)
Optional Spice it Up Ingredients (choose any or all) are:
Black Sparkly Fluff
Black/White Enamel Accents
Halloween Button Assortment
Spooky Cardstock Pack
Spooky Ribbon Bundle
When you go to the Spooky Project Pantry in the store you will see the optional items linked under the Basic Recipe kit, so you can pick and choose what you’d like to add to your cart. We know you’ll have fun customizing your kit!
Here are the Taylored Dies I’ve used on my card:
Please head on over and check out what the rest of the Baker’s Dozen have cooked up for you today!
Thanks SO much for stopping by! Have a great Tuesday!