Today I’m sharing my December 2013 calendar with you. I LOVE how this came out. This was super fun to make! I hope you get a chance to join us!! Taylor is offering a HUGE prize to one lucky person who completes 10 of 12 months for the calendar challenge and you can still join in even if you haven’t joined yet! You can get all the details on Taylor’s blog or over at SCS. I hope you can join us! These calendars are fun handmade gifts and can be CAS or fussy… it’s up to you!
Here’s how I made my calendar:
- Starting with a 6.5″ x 7.5″ cardstock base punch holes .5″ from the top and add jumbo eyelets for security.
- Trim and matte the 2013 December Calendar with kraft cardstock.
- Cut a piece of MME’s All is Bright designer paper to fit the top space. Sponge with Distress Ink and distress. Matte it with red cardstock.
- Stamp the Poinsettia Bouquet onto Choice Watercolor paper using embossable ink and heat emboss with black embossing powder.
- Sponge the edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.
- Watercolor the image with Distress Markers and a waterbrush.
- Die cut the image using a Spellbinders Circle and matte with a kraft cut Scalloped Circle.
- Die cut a Totally Tags rounded tag out of kraft paper and stamp with sentiment and sponge with Vintage Photo Ink.
- Die cut green cardstock with the Leafy Branch Die.
- Assemble and hang from the Frame Your Imagination Calendar stand.
Here’s a closer look at the top:
Now it’s time to check out what the rest of the team has made for you!
- Jen Shults
- Karen Giron
- Melody Rupple
- Regina Mangum
- Shannon White
- Shelly Mercado
- Stephanie Kraft
- Taylor VanBruggen
Taylored Dies used on my calendar: