Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 117? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS117 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Be sure to hop over to our Facebook page throughout the week to see if your card is featured!
For my card I used a brand new Taylored Expressions stamps set called Big Bold Birthday along with Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper. I used the new Bloomin’ Stacklets 1 to make the flower up in the corner and the leaves are part of the Mini Leaves Die set. I added a little stitching here and there along with some inking and distressing.
I made two versions of my card using different patterned papers from the Vintage Bliss pad. Here’s the second card:
Details for both cards:
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Espresso Truffle (Memento), Vintage Photo (Ranger)
Dies: Bloomin’ Stacklets 1 (Taylored Expressions), Mini Leaves (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Grey (Bazzill), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Vintage Bliss (Simple Stories)
Extras: Janome Sew Mini, White Thread, Corner Rounder (EK), Foam Tape (TE), Foam Ink Applicator (Ranger), Distress Tool (Prima), Best Glue Ever (TE)
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
DT Update: I always hate typing these up. 🙁 We are saying goodbye to another DT member today. Tobi is stepping down to make room for some very exciting opportunities outside of crafting. We are so sad to see her go because she is so very talented and a wonderful inspiration and so very creative.
We are also adding a new design team member this week! I am so very excited to announce that Kim O’Connell is joining us as our newest full time design team member. Kim has been a very consistent player each week and has such a great sense of design and always creates the cutest projects!
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson (Joni is out for the next couple of weeks while she moves)
- Judy Rozema
- Kadie Ensley
- Kim O’Connell
- Lori Boyd
- Sheri Gilson
- Tobi Crawford
- Tracey Pickersgill