I hope everyone is all rested up after the holidays and ready to blaze into 2014! I hope your holidays were wonderful! I know it’s been so busy around these parts but also filled with lots of family and fun. 🙂 Now it’s time to get back into the grove of work and time to get back on a schedule! First up – get the next sketch started!!
Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 132? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS132 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so I can stop by and see it.
4. Be sure to stop back by next to see if you are one of the featured projects!
For my project I used My Mind’s Eye Cupid’s Arrow paper (I LOVE this paper!) and a little bit of kraft, grey and light blue cardstock to whip up this card. It was so fast to put together with the sketch. I embossed the blue panel with a Paper Studio’s Quartrefoil embossing folder and the Kraft vertical panel with a Chevron embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts. The sentiment panel is stamped using Lean On Me from Verve and the heart is from Chevron Love. The banner is die cut using the Flag It Dies. Once everything was all cut I glued it all together separating layers with foam tape. Lastly I used White Opal Liquid Pearls to add the dot accents.
Be sure to stop by the Verve store to check out their AMAZING sale that’s going on through Jan. 4, 2014.
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
Sadly we are saying goodbye to one of our design team memebers this week. Dawn is leaving us this week. She has been an amazing addition to the design team and will be greatly missed. Her fresh and creative designs each week have been a great inspiration to me and I am so sad to see her go but I know this is not really goodbye as she’ll be around to play when she’s able. 🙂 Please stop by and wish her well this week!
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Dawn Easton
- Jen Shults
- Joni Wilson
- Judy Rozema (sitting out this week)
- Kadie Ensley (out for January because she’s moving)
- Kim O’Connell
- Sheri Gilson
- Tracey Pickersgill (Tracey is on vacation this week)