Are you ready for Deconstructed Sketch 158? I hope you like it! Here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so we can see your project.
4. There is no time limit to enter this week so please join us if you can!
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Thursday and to all our American friends I hope you are gearing up for a fantastic weekend! We are off to see fireworks tonight and then off to spend the weekend with family.
My card this week stays pretty faithful to the sketch and uses some of my favorite Verve stamps and dies. I am also revisiting the inked embossing folder technique I used a couple of weeks back. This was actually pretty quick to make and looks a lot fussier that it was. I think distressing does that to a card, lol. Here’s a look at the supplies I used:
Stamps: Button Best (Verve), Better Together (Verve)
Paper: Steel Gray (MFT), Kraft (MFT), dark and light peach (Bazzill), White (PTI), Vellum (Recollections)
Ink: Desert Sands (Memento), Espresso Truffle (Memento)
Dies: Petal Points Die Set (Verve), Banner Bundle Die Set (Verve), Sprightly Sprigs Die Set (Verve)
Accessories: Script embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Quatrefoil embossing folder (Paper Studio), twine, button, Pierced Circle STAX (MFT), foam tape, Quick Dry Adhesive (3M)
Design Team Samples:
Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! Need a little extra inspiration on how to use the sketch? Be sure to follow our Deconstructed Sketch Pinterest Board where I will be pinning lots of great inspiration each week! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook. Now it’s time to hop around and see what everyone else on the DT has been up to and leave them a little love.
- Arielle Gordon
- Cresta Woodruff
- Jen Shults
- Joanne Basile (taking a break this week)
- Kadie Ensley (Kadie will be taking an extended break until January!)
- Kim O’Connell
- Sheri Gilson
- Tammy Hershberger
- Tangii Crain
- Tracey Pickersgill (posting later this week)