Today I’m sharing a card using the new Sugar Pea Designs Sugar Sketch number 8. I really liked using this sketch. It was so easy to put together into a card. I’m using the super adorable Rice Rice Baby on my card today as I have a specific friend in mind for this card. 🙂
I started my card by stamping the penguin on PTI white cardstock with MFT’s Hybrid Black Licorice ink and coloring him with Copics. Next I die cut him with a Spellbinder’s square die. To build the layout I started with a Tangy Orange (MFT) card base and layered it with white, Sno Cone (MFT) embossed with the chain embossing folder from LifeStyle Crafts. I cut the yellow panel out of some scrap Bazzill cardstock and matted it with Blue Raspberry (MFT) and rounded two of the corners using my We R Memory Keepers Envelope board as my corner rounder punch bit the dust the other day. **Side question – do you have a favorite corner round punch? I haven’t been able to find a replacement that I like for the one that I had and I can’t seem to find the same one again.** The sentiment is stamped on more Tangy Orange and die cut with Banner Stacklets 3 (Taylored Expressions). Sorry that part of the pic is out of focus – I had my camera settings a bit off. I layered a couple of stars above and below the sentiment and it was done. So quick!
My color palette comes from MFT’s Color Palette Challenge 7.
And I fixed up the inside too!
Here’s a look at the sketch if you’d like to play along:
- Play along with any stamp you like – but if you use SugarPea Designs, we’ll top your voucher up to $15!
- Feel free to rotate/flip the sketch, or exchange any shapes for what works with your design, just make sure the sketch is recognizable!
- Combine our sketch with any other challenge(s) (except another sketch!)
- Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPDSS08 so that we may check out your beautiful work
- Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You’ll find our current challenges on the sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by!